Volunteer FAQs at Food Bank of the Rockies
- Can groups come and volunteer?
We love groups of all kinds! Please fill out the volunteer application and indicate the size of your group and we’ll get you scheduled. Groups larger than 20 may need to be split between opportunities and shifts to accommodate everyone.
- Is there an age minimum / are children allowed to volunteer?
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old (accompanied by an adult) or 16 years old to volunteer on their own.
- How do I get there (directions)?
Our address is 5150 Reserve Drive Evansville, Wyoming 82636. Visit our Contact page for a map.
- What days/times are you open?
We are open Monday – Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Our shifts are from 8 am to 1130 am or 1 pm to 3 pm weekdays. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your shift.
- What should I wear to volunteer?
Come dressed appropriately for warehouse work. This includes wearing: Closed toed shoes (no sandals please; comfort is also important as you'll be on your feet for several hours) and shirts with sleeves (no halters or mid-drift shirts please.)
- What volunteer opportunities are available?
We have opportunities in the areas of Reclamation, Distribution, Nutrition Network, and USDA (for groups 10 or larger).
- I need hours for court-ordered community-service.
We will consider misdemeanor court ordered community service on a case-by-case basis. Please note we are unable to accept court ordered volunteers during our busy seasons of summer and the holidays.
- Do I need to register in advance or can I just walk in?
We ask that you fill out the volunteer application at least two weeks in advance to ensure plenty of time for us to schedule you. If you are looking to volunteer with us during the holiday season, please contact us a few months before as it is a popular time and fills up quickly!
- Are those with limitations (special needs, disabled) able to volunteer?
All volunteering does occur within our warehouse, so we encourage contacting our office first. We will examine each situation and try to accommodate all to the best of our ability.
- Where can I store personal belongings while volunteering?
We only have limited space for storing personal belongs. We recommend that you either not bring such items with you or leave them locked in the trunk of your car for safe-keeping until the end of your shift.
- I am unable to volunteer but would still love to contribute to the WFBR. How can I?
You can contribute food, funds or time! Please check out our Take Action page for more information.