Summer Food Service Program

Child Nutrition Meals

During the summer months, several locations across the state serve healthy school meals to children up to age 18.

The Summer Food Service Program, funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, offers “food that’s in when school is out.” Approved sites include schools, recreation centers, churches and other safe, community locations, and many offer activities for children, too. All children have equal access to services and facilities at the site regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.

What does a child need to do to receive a meal?

Kids Cafe

There are no income or registration requirements —any child, age 18 or younger, can simply show up during the scheduled serving times to receive a meal. All meals must be eaten at the site, and adults may not eat from a child’s meal.

Where can I find a site?

View the  interactive map to find a location near you!

How can my location become a summer meal site?

We are accepting applications now for summer food sites. Please contact Chris Taylor, Nutrition Network Manager, 303.375.5868, to learn more and receive an application.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil
rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions
participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights
activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program
information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact
the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of
hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at
(800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other
than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination
Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter
addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To
request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or
letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.